Professional Development Forum Registered Nurses – Learning DisabilitiesRNLD Forum 13 November 2019
Future Nurse Future Midwife
Are you a registered nurse or midwife in a HSC Trust or Independent Sector Organisation?
Roadshows are available from October, delivering essential information on the upcoming changes for all nurses and midwives in Northern Ireland. These sessions are also open to other registered healthcare professionals interested in supporting nursing & midwifery students.
(please note these roadshows are FREE)
Aim of the session is to:
• increase your awareness of the NMC Education Standards 2018 – what’s new?
• get an overview of the new roles for supporting learning and assessment in practice for students: practice supervisor, practice assessor and academic assessor – what does this mean for you in practice?
• learn about the new NI Practice Assessment Document NIPAD (Nursing)* – how will it work?
• have your questions answered and be signposted to additional information and support.
*the Midwifery NIPAD is not yet available and will be progressed and aligned to the publication of the Future Midwife standards of proficiency.
Discuss your attendance with your line manager. Dates, times and locations of roadshows can be viewed and booked here.
NIPEC is keen to hear from Nurses and Midwives across all healthcare settings in Northern Ireland and the team are coming to a place near you.
We would like to take this opportunity to:
- showcase some of the resources developed to support you in your practice
- take the opportunity to hear your views about our work and how NIPEC could best support your practice.
Much work has taken place over the last 18 months to review the extant nursing assessment data set and document for adult hospital based care. In preparation for the Encompass programme of work, the Recording Care regional Steering Group led the revision of the current adult hospital based care data set including: testing of the new format with student nurses, registered nurses and service users; advice from the relevant regional groups to revise risk assessments; and implementation of the current agreed direction for person-centred nursing care planning in Northern Ireland: PACE.
- This document is to be used in Adult Inpatient Settings
- This document is for single use only i.e. to be used for one admission and should not be transferred to another HSC Trust if a Person transfers for care delivery
- This document is to be used to care for people aged 18 years and over. If a person under 18 years is admitted to the clinical area, expert guidance should be sought in relation to completing nursing documents e.g. the risk assessments that are suitable for the Person. Additional advice is in a webinar in relation to this area of guidance.
Visit https://nipecportfolio.hscni.net/ to view the new look. If you haven’t already registered on NIPEC’s online Portfolio, open your account today and use this free and secure resource to record and store all the information you need for your NMC revalidation.
Link Nurses Review completed view the Final Report
Deciding to Delegate: A Decision Support Framework for Nursing and Midwifery
The final publication of: Deciding to Delegate: A Decision Support Framework for Nursing and Midwifery was launched on Thursday 31st January by Chief Nursing Officer Charlotte Mc Ardle at an event in Malone House.
You can access a PDF Web Version here.