Duty of Candour Workshop 1
Date(s) - 24/06/2021
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Categories No Categories
The Department of Health is consulting on policy proposals to enact a statutory Duty of Candour in Northern Ireland, developed by the Duty of Candour Work Stream and its Being Open Subgroup as part of the Hyponataemia Implementation Programme.
The consultation closes 2nd August 2021.
The policy proposals set out an approach to implement the recommendations relating to a statutory Duty of Candour made by the Inquiry into Hyponatraemia-Related Deaths (IHRD) including:
- a brief background into IHRD, the establishment of the Duty of Candour Workstream, and an overview of the work it has undertaken
- policy proposals developed by the Workstream, and its Sub-group, for public consultation including a proposed statutory organisational obligation
- a range of policy options to implement a statutory individual Duty of Candour
- an overview of the proposed framework for openness and honesty within health and social care, including proposals for the guidance which will accompany any Duty of Candour legislation.
The Chief Nursing Officer for Northern Ireland has asked NIPEC to support two opportunities for nurses and midwives to respond to this important consultation through virtual events.
These events will be hosted via Zoom and will:
- inform participants of the proposals
- ask participants’ opinion on the consultation
- use this opinion to guide the production of a response from NIPEC to the consultation
- provide an overview of themes to the Executive Directors of Nursing HSC Trusts to support organisational responses
Please register for one of two events here: