Within the legislation establishing NIPEC as an executive Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) there is a responsibility to :-
- Promote the professional development of Nurses and Midwives
- Provide advice and information on matters relating to Nursing and Midwifery
Within NI, Nursing/Midwifery courses are held at the three universities, Clinical Education Centre and RCN as listed below.
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Ulster University
- Open University
Clinical Education Centre which has four locations as listed below.
- Altnagelvin Area Hospital, Glenshane Road, Londonderry, BT47 6SB
- Clady Villa, Knockbracken Healthcare Park, 301 Saintfield Road, Belfast, BT8 8BH
- Craigavon Area Hospital Site, 68 Lurgan Road, Portadown, BT63 5QQ
- Fern House, Antrim Area Hospital Site, Bush Road, Antrim, BT41 2QB