|Bronagh Scott, Executive Director of Nursing, Northern Trust, led this project on behalf of the HSC Trust Executive Directors of Nursing and supported by the Chief Nursing Officer. To find background information on the work of this project, please click below.|
The Steering Group was chaired by Bronagh Scott - Click on the link to view agendas, notes of meetings and Terms of Reference.
A Working Group was chaired by Brendan McGrath, Asst,. Director of Nursing, Western HSC Trust - Click on the link to view agendas, notes of meetings and Terms of Reference.
Click here to view project outputs which were launched by the Minister for Health, Social Services and Public Safety Michael McGimpsey at the Leading Care: Supporting and Strengthening the Role of Ward Sisters/Charge Nurses on 6th October 2010.
Project Officers were seconded to each of the five HSC Trusts to support the development of the resources, to support and strengthen the role of Ward Sisters/Charge Nurses. View the Project Officers report.
There were three sub-groups which progressed the work of the project - click on the links below:
- Sub-group 1 - Agree regional title and core elements of generic job description and develop role framework
- Sub-group 2 - Develop programmes including induction, ongoing development and succession planning programmes for ward managers.
- Sub-group 3 - Develop processes to support succession planning within organisations and regionally
Similar Projects in the UK - For more information, click the links below:
- Leading Better Care (Scottish Government)
- Framing the Nursing and Midwifery contribution: Driving up the quality of care (English Initiative)
- Breaking Down Barriers - Driving up Standards (Royal College of Nursing)