|NIPEC is currently undertaking a review of the role of Link Nurses in HSC Trusts in Northern Ireland in order to understand their role and function in the provision of safe and effective care.|
The project objectives are to:
- Define the term ‘Link Nurse’.
- Review the literature on the role, function, attributes, barriers and facilitators for the Link Nurse role.
- Determine the range of Link Nurses in clinical practice in Northern Ireland and the range of specialties with an identified link nurse.
- Determine the key functions of the Link Nurse including education and training, skills, attributes and outcomes.
- Identify the perception of Specialist Nurses and Ward Managers of the Link Nurse role.
- Explore the education and training of Link Nurses.
- Make recommendations for the role of Link Nurses in Northern Ireland.
To achieve these objectives the Project group will conduct a survey and workshops which will inform a report to be submitted to the Chief Nursing Officer in March 2018.
View the Agendas and Notes of Meetings
View the Final Report