This statement applies to content published on the www.nipec.hscni.net domain. It does not apply to content on third party domains hosting NIPEC information.
This website is run by NIPEC. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 125% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website using your screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- save pages as MP3 audio files – these can be sent to people on request
This website incorporates Browsealoud, which makes websites more accessible to people with reading difficulties. It uses simple speech, reading and translation tools. Online content can be read aloud in multiple languages using the most natural and engaging voice. Browsealoud is a free service.
We aim to ensure all text links are written, so they make sense when read out of context.
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible, for example:
- some document attachments are not clearly written
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
- some documents which are in PDF format may not be accessible
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example
We will consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days advising if we can facilitate your request and providing a timeframe for completion.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking for ways to improve this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, please contact us email at email@example.com or phone us on 0300 300
If you are not happy with our response, contact the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI)
The Equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI) is responsible for enforcing the ‘Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018’ (the ‘accessibility regulations’). Technical information about this website’s accessibility NIPEC is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the ‘Public
Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard