Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring and Evaluation:
Reflective supervision is promoted and valued as an activity underpinning safe and effective practice. In this context monitoring and evaluation of activity is required to provide assurances of accountability for the organisation and to justify the use of the resources required to promote and sustain delivery of the framework.
- Supervisors should record the number of sessions they provide on a quarterly basis and present to line managers for collation
- Quantity and quality of Reflective Supervision sessions may be included in organisational performance indicators for nursing and midwifery workforce
- Evaluation and monitoring should align with Governance processes and Quality Improvement Frameworks
- Feedback should be collected from staff (after session, surveys, questionnaires, social media groups)
- Practice support methods should be reviewed and evaluated annually