Future Nurse Future Midwife
Welcome to Northern Ireland Future Nurse Future Midwife (FNFM).
Since 2018 the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) have published a range of standards for education and training and standards of proficiency for nursing and midwifery professions. These new standards and proficiencies raise the ambition in terms of what’s expected of a nurse and midwife at the point of registration and will give nurses and midwives the knowledge and skills they need to deliver excellent care across a range of settings now and in the future.
The purpose of this webpage is to provide information and resources to support nurses, midwives and their employers, as well as universities and student nurses and midwives, to:
- increase awareness of the NMC standards for education
- outline the systems, processes and support for:
- preparation programmes for student supervision and assessment in practice
- maximising and increasing capacity in practice learning environments and increasing inter-professional learning.
- view the FNFM regionally agreed practice assessment documents, guidance and other supporting information (see the FNFM Resources Page).