FNFM – Non-HSC Organisations
Non-HSC Organisations provide a unique opportunity for student nurses and midwives to obtain essential practice learning experiences, knowledge and skills. Non-HSC Organisations include:
- RQIA registered independent sector organisations such as nursing and residential care homes, day care services, domiciliary care, independent hospitals, nursing agencies, children’s services etc.
- PSNI health services
- Other settings outside of Health and Social Care organisations
A range of resources have been developed with non-HSC Organisation representatives to support the Non-HSC sector. To determine if your organisation could support nursing or midwifery student supervision and assessment read the FNFM Non-HSC Organisations – Frequently Asked Questions document
Specific information relating to Students on placement during Coronavirus (Covid-19) can be read here.
Information on facilitating students in non-HSC organisations and how to initiate this process is available:
- FNFM Non HSC Organisations – Step By Step Guide To Practice Learning Environments
- FNFM Non HSC Organisations and AEIs – Guidance For Supporting Students
- Practice Learning Environment Educational Audit Exemplar
Staff will be prepared to support students by undertaking the FNFM Practice Supervisor Practice Assessor Preparation Programmes. These are available for free, through the HSC Learning Centre – to register, read the Non-HSC Preparation Programmes step by step guide then download and complete the HSC Learning Centre Registration Form. Once your registration is confirmed you will be able to access the FNFM Preparation Programmes.
Nursing and Midwifery students may also be supervised by other registered health and social care professionals, as reflected in the following documents: